tab-ity tabs

Friday, January 21, 2011

Diaper cake tut

I decided to make a tutorial for a diaper cake. Last night I made one for a friend and her daughter (due in March).

Her theme is safari girly so I kind of went with that.. 
  
 These are some of the supplies you will need:
1. Cake sheet [I used a 12 in round]
2. Throw away ribbon [to wrap diapers or swirlies]
3. Decorative ribbon [2 or more]
4. Diapers 
5. Decorations
[I used shoes, 3 onsies, 2 pants, a letter "R", toy, spoons and socks. the wash cloths ended up not on the cake but in a seperate bag with the extra spoons and diapers]

First thing you want to do is roll your diapers!

1. face the diaper open side towards you, I like the size to show on the outside when rolled so I have that face down before rolling.
2.  then start rolling
3. tie tightly with throw away ribbon

Next, you want to assemble the diapers and cake!

1. I stand all the diapers up and take a piece of throw away ribbon and tie them all together tightly. I usually end up making the string too loose so I shove in extra rolled diapers to make it tighter.
2. Add decorative ribbon covering the strings. I pin the ends but you can tape them, too. 
3. Continue to rest of layers and stack!

Now you can add all of your decorations. I like to add Sock Roses, Toys, clothes..whatever I find. 
There you go!


No comments:

Post a Comment