tab-ity tabs

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Potty training

We are potty training. At 20 months, Butterbean is ready! We started last week on Wednesday and she only had 2 accidents that day! Thursday was a diaper day because friends were over and she was too excited to pee :P. Friday-Monday she did great with only 1 accident every day and then finally yesterday she had NO(!!!!!!!) accidents! Even during her 2 hour nap and 45 minute drive home! She is sooo close! I'm hoping our move isnt going to set her back. We'll see!

Everyone has been asking me what I am doing to potty train. I started when she was little, like 4 or 5 months (she could sit up) putting her on the toilet randomly throughout the day until she was about 1, which I think made her like the toilet. Then at 1 I started letting her run around naked and letting me know when she had to potty, at that point she wasn't ready but she did tell me WHEN she was peeing. This time I did the same thing, let her run around naked, and told her no pee pee on the carpet. So now everytime she has to pee she goes "no pee pee!!" She has done great! I told myself I wouldn't reward her with toys or treats when she went potty but I got too excited and started doing an m&m everytime. She also loves the flushing part. She is doing great!
Next step is at night time! which I have heard is the hardest! shouldn't be with her tho since she already wakes up all night long.

Also, I am currently 22 weeks pregnant!! No pictures right now but let me just tell you, I look like there is a basketball under my shirt. Baby boy is moving around lots now! He seems to be happier when Sophia isn't jumping on me which I totally understand, I too am much happier when I don't have knees and elbows in my face!

We also are moving!! We found a 4 bedroom house for just a couple bucks more than we pay for our 2 bedroom apartment! Today is our first official day! Pretty exciting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment